Updated: May 28, 2022
MARS CLASS is in session ❤️🔥💪💥
"Let's go!" 🏎
- or -
"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you." - Oprah Winfrey
- or -
"“If you can’t go back to your mother’s womb, you’d better learn to be a good fighter.” – Anchee Min 💪💥
MARS ENERGY: THE WARRIOR 🦸♀️ / THE LEADER
MISSION: To Move Foward / To Conquer
MEDICINE: Courage & Action 🏃♀️
Leadership Hero Honor Honest Inspiration Motivation Effort Daring Defender Will Energy Physical Vitality Driven Action Desire Instinct Passion Sexuality Libido Animus Masculinity Conquest Courage Assertiveness Enthusiasm Heat Fire Force Strength Impulse Initiative Dynamic Confidence Sense of Self Survival Vigor Virility Competitive Goal-Oriented Hero Divine Masculine Adventure Self-Expression Drive to be #1 Domination Independent Severing
Irritable Aggro Impatient Agitation Reckless Aggressive Anger Rage Strife Conflict Attack Violence Destruction War Explosive Burning Fire Inflammation Sore Loser Impatient Bad Temper Willfullness Pushy Selfish Egoic Lust Machismo Toxic Masculinity Restless Quarrelsome Bully Thoughtless Abusive Brutality Cocky Overdrive Burnout Lack of Stamina or Follow-Through
GENDER SPECTRUM: Masculine
FROM THE SUN: 4th planet
DIGNITY: Rules Mars and Scorpio (at home in these signs, and therefore very strong)
EXALTATION: Capricorn (an honoured guest in this sign, and therefore very strong)
DETRIMENT: Libra and Taurus (far from home in this sign and without it's usual resources, therefore more challenged)
FALL: Cancer (far from home in this sign and without it's usual resources, therefore more challenged)
BODY PARTS: Head (Aries) & Genitals (Scorpio).
Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
Macho Man - Village People
Brave - Sara Bareilles
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crüe
Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
Push It - Salt'N'Pepa
The Best - Tina Turner
Fight Song - Rachel Platten
Firework - Katy Perry
We Are The Champions - Queen
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
It's My Life - Bon Jovi
Move, Bitch - Ludacris
We Will Rock You - Queen
Life Is A Highway - Tom Cochrane
My Way - Frank Sinatra
Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
'Till I Collapse - Eminem & Nate Dogg
Pony - Ginuwine
Roar - Katy Perry
Survivor - Destiny's Child
We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
Confident - Demi Lovato
Girl On Fire - Alicia Keys
Fire On Fire - Sam Smith
Hero - Mariah Carey
Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
THE LESSER MALEFIC
Mars - the god of war - is known as the “Lesser Malefic” due to it’s speed being faster (Saturn is the “Greater Malefic” due to it’s speed being slower). A “personal planet”, Mars is closer to the Sun and Earth and considered to have a greater and more immediate effect on personality and consciousness. We feel Mars! It has a 2-ish year orbit around the Sun, at normal speed spending about 2 months in a sign. Mars energy Inspires, Leads, takes Action. The warrior archetype is incredible when defending the weak and fighting for what is right.
Mars rules over two signs: Aries and Scorpio. Aries-Mars is the classic warrior, charging forth on the battlefield in pure passion, instinct and drive. Scorpio-Mars has more of a sniper vibe, observing, plotting and acting behind the scenes and below the surface (I want to credit the astrologer I originally heard describe the differences this way and now I can't remember who it was - maybe Austin Coppock!).
PASSION, DRIVE & OPPORTUNITY
Mars is HOT, passionate and wants us to charge forward! It inspires, energizes and brings opportunity for progress in whatever sign & house it’s traveling through, as well as any planets it aspects. Mars is most powerful in its home signs of Aries and Scorpio because its natural energetic expression is easy and uninhibited. Whatever sign and house your natal Mars is in - as well as the Aries & Scorpio houses in your chart - will color how you do Mars energy, what drives you and where that story is most significant in your life. YOU MUST WORK MARS ENERGY IN THE LIGHT TO FULLY REAP ITS BLESSINGS. Mars' position in your natal chart shows how you fight, and what you will fight for. Mars also speaks to our sexual energy.
DRIVE VS. ANGER 😡
When Mars isn't able to move forward the way it wants, its energy can manifest as anger and violence. Anger is a healthy emotion showing us where our boundaries have been breached, where we’ve been hurt, or where there is something we are NOT OKAY WITH. It is often a cover emotion for deep grief and feelings of powerlessness. Anger is a barometer that can help keep us safe.
- Anger is healthy! Anger does not have = toxic or destructive behavior.
- Anger can guide us to make powerful and necessary changes in our lives and relationships, as well as face and heal past trauma
- Anger is a biological survival mechanism, and often activates fight or flight which can overwhelm our nervous system. When this happens it is appropriate to find a safe way to release this energy from our bodies.
WORKING WITH SHADOW MARS: RESPOND, DON'T REACT
When anger flares we get so physically overwhelmed that we often act or speak out in ways we later regret, because the energy is too much to contain and we need to discharge it in some way (yelling, punching, etc). Mars has a mission to sever. This can serve us, free us, and keep us safe - but it's a double-edged sword. As a double Aries, I know this experience all too well. In most ordinary, non-life-threatening situations, I recommend breathing and waiting, which is hard because Mars energy doesn't want to wait. Your anger is valid and you shouldn't suppress it, but rather suspend action until your nervous system is calmer and your head is clearer, so that you can respond from a place of empowerment and strategy rather than a place of overwhelm and disempowerment.
Do you have a safe way to release pent-up anger, frustration or aggression from your body?
Here are some I like:
- Primal yelling, screaming (into a pillow if you must!)
- Physical exercise anything that involves the physical body - Mars is physical
- Keening (an ancient Celtic wailing practice)
- Somatic Therapies (Havening, Tapping, etc.)
- Smash a coconut (Tosha Silver)
- Write it all down & burn it (fire safety!)
- Drink water
- Swim, be by water in nature, anything with the element of water will help balance energy
QUESTIONS TO CONNECT WITH MARS ENERGY IN YOUR LIFE:
- How is my energy and vitality? Physically? Emotionally? Do I have the energy to do what I want and need to do?
- How is my inspiration and motivation? Am I spending my energy on things that matter to me? Why or why not?
- What is my mission? (What are my goals? Where am I trying to get to?)
- Is this mission in alignment with my sacred inner truth?
- Are my efforts and actions to achieve it in alignment with my sacred truth?
- Where do I feel blocked, frustrated?
- Am I angry about anything?
- Do I honor my frustration and anger or have I suppressed it and tried to spiritually bypass it?
- What is my frustration, anger or exhaustion trying to tell me?
- Is it possible there are other paths forward, or creative solutions to any blockages I'm experiencing?
- Is it possible that my energy needs to shift before I can best move forward in the world?
- Do I have unfinished business or loose ends that need tending to? What might I need to revise, reorder or return to in order to best move forward?
- What if my self-worth isn’t contingent upon DOING or ACHIEVING?
- How do I handle conflict? What if there is a healthy way to resolve it?
- What if the Universe is in favor of me and wants me to succeed?